Thursday, December 20, 2007

C Group Dec 19th

Having turned the central heating up a few notches (damn the expense) and putting an extra woolly on this ancient body, I had an easy ride to Walton where the turnout was a bit below usual and as Linda was leading the ride and said her intention was to make for Cheam, I felt the return trip would have made me rather late and so I set off having made my apologies and with the intention of a solo effort turned onto the towpath near The Swan and without having a particular lunch spot in mind, headed in the direction of Hampton Court. I got the feeling of being followed and heard a familiar voice a couple of times. This is starting to sound like one of those Christmas ghost stories but after passing the Weir pub I put a foot down to negotiate the lock only to find Fuzz, Lynda, Roger, Dave, John C.,and a couple more of C group had been tailing me! We then decided to have lunch at The White Hart at Hampton Wick. How`s that for a happy ending to the story?
I managed to cover just over 21 miles and got home by 3:15. It certainly made up for last week`s debacle. A Happy Christmas to one and all ----------------- Albert

No comments: