Thursday, February 28, 2008

C Group Feb 27th

John C. led around twelve of us, in perfect weather from the day centre at Leatherhead. There was Bill H., Roger, Ron, the other Harold, Lynda, Beryl, Helga, Sonia, Mark {had to peel off) me and Dennis. I`ve probably forgotten someone. We had a spot of offroad before reaching the Mickleham Bypass and the cyclepath alongside the A24. We crossed over into Pixham Lane, at the end of which we crossed the A25 and joined the cyclepath and a spot of more offroad in the direction of Brockham where we got back on the tarmac and made for our lunch spot, The Plough at Leigh (pronounced `lie` I was informed!). Food and beer was good and reasonable and we returned on much the same route until, at Westhumble Lane we met Harold F. with his camera and gathered for a photo shoot. We then pressed on for tea at Leatherhead day centre. As far as I know the only mishap was me,having tried to change to my middle ring, bent the changer, leaving me with the just the small ring in the the last half mile. However it was only a few hundred yards to where my car was parked.-------------------------clocked 21 miles (on the bike!)---------Albert

No comments: