Wednesday, April 09, 2008

C Group April 9th

Great weather and a good turnout at East Molesey. John Hammond came out for elevenses looking pretty fit as did several others from other sections. It`s a fairly small venue but coped very well with our lot. Lynda led around eighteen of us, most of whose names I know; Roger Bill, Fuzz, Beryl, Ron, Mark, Dennis,Helga, Pat, Phil, Harold, Alan and Reg (first time I`ve met him) and two or three more for lunch at Woodies in New Malden. We took the river route from Hampton Court bridge to Kingston, then through Kingston to Worcester Park. After a bit more urban riding, mostly on cycle paths we arrived at Woodies which Mark tells me is a kind of clubhouse for the L.S.E. sports club. It sports a large clock on the roof which claims it is 8.45. The food was good and prompt and Roger treated me to a pint. The only fly in the ointment was the public address system which drowned any conversation by announcing the number of the next order! The intention was to have tea at Nonsuch Park so I opted to make a beeline for home and Alan accompanied me as far as Kingston market from where I was back on familiar territory. So it was over the bridge and back down the river road via Hampton Court to home. Just over 30 miles and a good ride. Thanks Lynda-----------------Albert

No comments: