Friday, September 05, 2008

Easy Riders Sept 3rd

Another month and still some sunny weather when we met at Cobham. Roger was leading and our lunch was to be at The New Inn at Send. We took a well travelled route up Plough Lane, Martyr`s Green, the Ockham Road with some hilly bits until we reached the Send Road and the short ride past parked lorries before crossing the old Portsmouth Road and entering the lane which terminates with the pub. I just wish we could find a route with less than three maps to cover it! Our group consisted of Mark, Fuzz, Lynda, Sonia, John C., Charles, Dave, Dennis, Harold (who had a puncture but caught up with us), Mike, Bill H., myself and of course Roger in the lead. I am sure there were fifteen all told but the other names escape me. Lynda passed around a `get well` card to send Beryl who is in hospital with a knee job (bless her). She has always been a regular with our group and we look forward to seeing her well again soon. I forgot to bring my camera and my efforts to get a decent shot with my mobile were pretty feeble, so no attachments this time. Tea was to be at Cobham but I peeled off home when we left Papercourt Lane. I`ll be in Belgium next Wednesday so I`ll see you in a couple of weeks---------------------Albert

No comments: