Thursday, October 08, 2009

Easy Riders Alberts story

Weather forecast was pretty dismal but we had a good turnout at Cobham with nine or ten on the actual ride. John C. was leading to The Anchor at Bookham with Bill H., Bill ?, Roger, Fuzz, Chris, Lynda, Ron. Alan, and me to name but a few. Upon arriving at Bookham Common I found no trouble getting my trike between the posts but foolishly did not wait for someone whom I could follow and came off the edge of the path into a bramble. I`ll have to get some better glasses! The meal and the beer was welcome but tea was to be some distance from my home run, so I chose to return across the common and consequentally missed a turn which resulted in a total of 35 and a half mile total, all in driving rain! I`m not sure how long my powers of recovery will last but they came up trumps last night----------------------Albert

No comments: