Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Easy riders at Ashtead

I had agreed to lead the Easy Riders from The St. George's Centre Ashtead today, so I appreciated Lynda's telephone call and info on the web telling me of the revised arrangements and Tom Fish's funeral. Feeling unable to make the journey to Kingston (distance and old age), I decided that I would go to Ashtead anyway, to check out St. George's Centre and meet up with anyone who may not have heard the sad news. I told Ron of my plans and he decided to join me. I arrived at Ashtead shortly after 10.00 to find Ron and Nev (Neville) waiting.

We decided to have coffee and wait to see if anyone else turned up. We were quite impressed by the facilities at the centre, waited until just after 11.00 and then made our separate ways home.

My local BBC weather forecast promised light rain soon after 11.00 so I considered myself lucky not to meet it until reaching Bookham. I arrived home slightly damp but feeling that the trip had been worthwhile.

Mike

No comments: