Friday, March 30, 2012

An outing to Winchester - April 18th

As a change from our more circular rides, I'm planning a ride to Winchester on Weds April 18th, returning by train; which gives us the chance to sample some different countryside.

The distance is more than usual but I don't plan to make it a race, so we'll stop for tea in Alton before riding to Winchester, arriving around 6.30, where I'm told they have pubs and many other sightseeing opportunities, as well as a station with frequent trains to Woking, Clapham Junction etc, so getting home shouldn't be a problem so long as we don't all travel on the same one.

Total distance is around 56 miles: 20 miles from elevenses at Weybridge to lunch; about 17 to Alton and then just under 20 to Winchester. I hope you will join us! Simon.

4 comments:

Mark G said...

Good idea, Simon. I'll give it a shot.

Mark

ps: Why isn't it a race?

;-)

Tony said...

I will add my name to the list. A very nice change form one of the younger Wayfarers!

Piquet said...

Me too!

Paul K

Jeff said...

Excellent proposal!

We could of course recharge our batteries and cycle back.

Jeff