Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Add blog link to taskbar on your pc


Link to the cyclingswlondon website

At Cobham last Wednesday I was a little surprised when Linda told me that she and some others had difficulty in accesing the MWW blog and had relied on a weekly link being circulated to see the MWW ride reports etc. I did wonder why that happened. While I do not plan to send out a weekly email, it is very easy to create a link on your desktop or taskbar.

This screenshot shows one way to create a link in Internet Explorer to the cyclingswlondon website, on your taskbar.  All you need to do is:
  • left click with your mouse on the icon in the address bar. A message will pop up to say: 'drag to taskbar to pin site'
  • hold the mouse button down
  • drag the icon to the taskbar  at the bottom of your screen
After that, one click on the link should take you to the cyclingswlondon website whenever you want. Alternatively, you can drag the icon onto your desktop and release it there.

By clicking on the yellow star with a green arrow (top left), you can also add the link to your favourites bar

Disclaimer: I may have an ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) - expired, but I have no claims to competence in teaching even the most elementary IT skills. If you are mad enough to listen to me, on your own head be it!

Jeff

P.S. I await an avalanche of corrections!

3 comments:

Mark G said...

Jeff,

I think there's a coding fault on the cyclingswlondon website. The links to MWW and C&M direct to blank pages. If you go directly to the sites there is no problem

Steph said...

I have the site on my favourites, easy to do as Jeff suggests. But still can't see the comments Jeff, I did right click but it took me to the page where I could make a comment (which I have)but could not see previous comment "would not display in window" may be just my set up.

Steph said...

Correction I now see all comments.