Wednesday, September 12, 2012

London Ride, 12 September

The London Ride


 Horse Guards Parade
© Copyright David Hawgood and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence. 

A pot-pourri of images of Mark's excellent and intricate London Ride. Somehow he took us to the heights without our realising (well hardly) that we were climbing. I really should have snapped Admiralty Parade, The Cabinet Office and the back of No 10 - I was too busy admiring. At Vauxhall Bridge Rd, Pete, Tim and I were stranded by a red light. Pete hared off home while Tim and I crossed Vauxhall Bridge, where we were spooked.  Tim decided to consult his Garmin, while I sped off down S. Lambeth Rd to Stockwell Stn to pick up the CS7 Super Highway. However, with  no sign of a herd of mamils in sight by Balham, I diverted to Tooting Bec Common to head for home. Our thanks to Mark for an exciting day in London, with big city traffic managed effortlessy by all - the pedestrians are much more dangerous! Apologies to Mike for not realising that part of the lizard's tail had dropped off inside the tunnel!

Jeff

No comments: