Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"A"s Meeting of minds with East Sussex CTC



I can concur completely with Mark an excellent day out and a very convivial lunch with the bunch from East Sussex! Shy Esther can be seen in the middle though she declined to ride the bike today due to so many other commitments!
We had planned to go to Oaks Park for tea but the ice cream stop etc made it tricky to get there by 5pm closing time! Having shot down Farthing Down followed by John B I took a devious rout from Coulsdon following a Sutton Cycle route which took me over a railway footpath bridge and eventually down a long off-road route nettle bound to the spot Island at Oaks Park. Arriving at 4.56pm they said they were about to close so as with many of my rides with Mark I missed the afternoon tea and went to the Woolpack in Banstead for a pint. While there I saw Helina and others go by and as I was about to leave I'm sure I saw Rob's wife Ruth riding by on her bike. My mileage 56 but it seemed more like 86 in the heat but I enjoyed the hills and proved once again if only I could lose 2 stones I could fly like Contador!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mike morley said...

Mark I forgot to mention that your route today took us along the "BadLands" part of Simon Leggs infamous Brighton FNRttC. It was the strech after Horley where we went over the many bumps! OMG seeing it in the daylight was quite concerning to think that we ride that route in the dead of night about 3am, Graham & Jeff will both recall!

Mark G said...

Sorry to have missed you at tea, Mike, after your Good Samaritan duty with John. As you will have guessed, we realised crossing Farthing Down that we wouldn't make the Oaks Park in time, so we had tea in Coulsdon, which worked out well.