Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Saddles

My search for the perfect perch has left me with a number of good saddles, little used, that I now know that I do not need.  In the spirit of Christmas, I propose to give them away - or at least throw them away!

I'll bring some to Cobham tomorrow and place them on the table.  If you fancy one, please take it.  I'll ask the ladies to put what's left in the bin, so don't be shy.

If you should feel that a small donation to the British Legion is a fair exchange for Italy's finest, then that's fine.  If not, that's fine too.

Merry Christmas!

Mark


2 comments:

Jeff said...

But have you found the perfect perch?

Mark G said...

Well, for me, yes. I like the Brooks Swift best, and have a number of them on various machines. But, even in their titanium instantiation, these weigh nearly 400 grammes. The Selle Italia SLR weighs 106 grammes, and is pretty good, and its carbon fibre base is surprisingly comfortable, but never moulds to fit, as the Brooks does. So the Fizik Aliante, part of the same group of companies as Brooks and surprisingly similar (but made of modern materials) wins at under 200 grammes. None of these will be on the table ...