Thursday, April 24, 2014

Virgin Solved?

Without getting too deeply into the technicalities...

After another two hour telephone conversation and nearly four weeks, Virgin have finally accepted that my problem is their fault. At their prompting I was switched from landline to cable at the end of March. What they now admit that the older websites such as SWL can only be updated by landline (ADSL) users! I imagine changing that would be a very low priority and might take months (years or even never).

The quickest solution is to use new software, a new email address and a new website. But and there are always buts - I'm only allowed one website so any website can only be created from what's held on my PC. These files may/may not be complete or accurate.

For users the current website will disappear but (hopefully) only for an hour or two whilst I test the new website. The blogs are not affected and I'll update them before and after any changeover. This should be in the next few days. When I'm fully satisfied I'll ask Lisa to update the cyclingswlondon.org.uk link.

No comments: