Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Group ride to Harrow on the Hill


My thanks to the large, very trusting group who joined me on the ride to Harrow. The traffic caused a few problems as did  multiple trains at the crossing in Barnes. Horsenden and Sudbury Hills successfully negotiated we arrived at Harrow. A swift descent down hill and a ride to lunch where we were joined by Dave, having survived the dentist chair. Congratulations to Ged, Mark, Steve (happy birthday) and Ingrid for their narrow victory in the lunchtime quiz. Good ride down the canal until half a mile from Bulls Bridge when it became muddy. Norwood Green, Osterley Park and back to finish at Richmond. Thanks to Simon and Jeff for excellent back marking, Neil for scurrying around and mopping up and Mark for ride details.
Now for my next ride, I have a friend who owns a micro brewery in Sussex...

1 comment:

mike morley said...

Hans congratulations on your first time as rides leader! Sorry I did not make it due to unexpected domestic and you could say community demands as both a charitable person! I guess I could console by saying that my enforced position as part of a new charity (CTC) is that I opted for the wider obligation of worrying about the wider public good! Can't wait to go on your next ride if it's to a micro - sounds fantastic! Count me in!
Mike M.