Saturday, January 10, 2015

Letter from Janet Mitchell



 Janet Mitchell, Roger's wife, has sent this letter to Lynda. I'm sure that Janet will not mind that it is shared with all Roger's friends on the MWW blog. I hope that Fuzz doesn't blush!

Hi Lynda,

Sorry I’ve not been in contact with you for a while but pc not always working how it should do. Anyway the money collected from Roger’s funeral for cancer research came to £310. I wrote a cheque out to them and our doctors and nurses did a midnight walk in aid of cancer research, so the cheque went in with the money they had collected; they got £420 from people at the surgery which was very good. I didn’t count it up until just before Christmas as I had been busy with the bank.  Now my solicitor is doing everything for me, but I still have papers to sign from him; he is very good and we keep in touch with each other.

So please can say a big thank you to everyone who came and put money into the lilac box for me, and also for the large support of you all for coming on your bikes to see Roger off. You and his friends from the Kingston wheelers cycling club really all did him proud.

Tell Fuzz I’ve not forgotten him. I will always love him for the lovely smile he gives out, not just for me but everyone else he comes into contact with, he is a lovely man, yes this is you Fuzz. A big thank you for all the cards I have from everyone.

I hope you all had a very good Christmas and a Happy and Better New Year to everyone.

Love from Janet.


No comments: