Thursday, May 21, 2015

Easy Riders - 20th May


I arrived at the Kings Centre to find loads of bicycles locked up waiting patiently outside, inside everyone happily drinking tea & coffee, yes it was the eager “C” group.
 
13 left to ride to The Anglers, Teddington Lock via Woodstock Lane South, under the A309 and on to Hampton Court, through the main gate of Bushy Park, past the Diana Fountain to Teddington Gate straight over to Avenue Gardens then a right and left down Victoria Rd and Adelaide Rd to Park Road, round the roundabout along the High Street to Ferry Lane where Frank & Graham joined us for lunch.  Very nice pub; a few thought it pricey but they obviously haven’t been to some of the Surrey pubs we frequent!!  After lunch we crossed the Thames and rode the lovely dry towpath to Kingston through the market and towards The Bradbury Centre where we turned right over the pedestrian bridge where Lynda led us to Ewell Court Park garden centre. By this time we had peeled down to 4,  Judith, Norman, Lynda and me . I was pleased I decided to have a cake; little did I know I still had 2½  hours riding in front of me.
 
Thanks everyone for coming, and for the weather staying dry but very threatening at times.
 
Irene

No comments: