Thursday, August 18, 2016

Easy Riders - 17th August

Ashtead: Bike Beans café. -  Marquis of Granby, Scilly Isles.

Well I thought I was leading the ‘C’ group but once I arrived bringing two ‘B s’ with me another 5 ‘B s’ turned up plus the reason I was there 4 ‘C s’ turned up plus quite a few more just for the coffee.  We finally left at 11.30 am to Leatherhead where Brian decided he would like to take advantage of the lovely weather and do a longer ride to Denbies.  We continued to Stoke d’Abernon, right into Blundells Lane to Birds Hill Estate, right & left to New Road (completely dry) to Claygate, Coverts road, Church Road, Oaken Lane, left Littleworth Road & right on Littleworth common where again as dry as concrete, over traffic lights to Pub where everyone enjoyed lunch in the ample gardens.

After lunch I put tea to the vote it was decided ice cream in Bushy Park,  so thank you everyone.  I see Lynda is having lovely weather at the Birthday rides lets hope they miss the deluge that is coming Friday & Saturday.

Thank you to Dave Ward for being a great  T.E.C.

Irene

No comments: