Friday, December 23, 2022

Join the 'A' Group Ride on Wednesday 28 December

I'll be working the 'graveyard shift' on Wednesday 28 December and leading a shortish 'A' ride from Walton Day Centre.   The slightly quirky route (one or two surprises guaranteed)  https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/139640222 (.gpx available on request) is of about 34, mainly flat, miles (one climb of any significance), taking us to a light lunch in the heated, inner courtyard at that cyclists' mecca, the Cinnamon Cafe, Windsor, and then back to Walton Bridge.   Departure at 10.30 am sharp from the day centre, and I'll shorten and issue an updated route if it looks as if the weather will be especially unpleasant!

I am not expecting vast numbers so have not recruited co-leaders.   In the unlikely event that we need more than one group I'll ask for volunteer(s) and the groups will ride in sight of each other.

If you are interested please e-mail me by 3.00 pm on Tuesday 27 December.  No one looks at this sort thing over Christmas, so I will be able to accept requests received after this deadline, but in that case cannot guarantee you will receive a confirmation before the ride.  If you book a place then can't make it, please let me know.

Happy Christmas, anyway, and I look forward to riding with you all in 2023!





No comments: