Saturday, December 31, 2005

C Group Dec 28th

Belated 'C' group report. I, shorts and all, stuck my knees out in the cold of Wednesday, entering Richmond Park at the Ham gate, pushing myself up the stiff climb, crossed the road toward Pen ponds, the bike slipping and sliding on the ice. Climbing, as I turned left at the car park I noticed the front wheel vibrating. Cold --out of breath--skating on thin ice-- mechanical fault all balanced by the meeting place getting nearer but, lo and beharold, everybody had more sense and stayed home indoors! Except one poor soul standing --- frozen to the spot? Twas Ron -- after half hour we made our way back via Test hill to my place for refreshment and warmth, my front wheel with half dozen spokes loose providing an excuse to terminate the 'C' ride Harold

No comments: