Friday, February 23, 2007

Part 2

I knew there would be a fair bit of standing water offroad so I stuck to the tarmac for my 11ml. ride to Kingston for elevenses. The weather was warm for February and there was a good turnout. Ron was down to lead but probably failed to get the change of venue. Harold took over followed by Beryl, Dave. Bill, Mark and your scribe. All went well until we entered Richmond Park where we experienced some pretty grotty mud most of which was unrideable. Beryl upbraided Harold who apologised abjectly but we still needed to get through and turned up at The Rose and Crown at Kew with dirty shoes. A very nice establishment near the river but rather in need of a change of both staff and prices, We made our way to Hampton Court for tea via Teddington and Bushy Park. Both Harold and myself suffered falls and I fear he is pretty bruised, For me it's to be expected anyway. I had a call from Harold re my welfare when I got home at 5.30 having covered 39miles. I will take the car to Leatherhead. Guess I'm getting too old!------------------------------Albert

Thanks, Albert
Yes, Ron did fail to learn of the venue change and went to Claygate (along with about five others such as Geoff, Pat & Bill and John H).
I've sent them a print-out of Wayfarers News (Part 1) along with their Sou'Wester, as compensation.

Brian

No comments: