Friday, February 16, 2007

Potholes&Trails

Having reviewed part of the Hilly 50 course and found potholes, I would encourage all to use the new http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/ and the http://www.clearthattrail.org.uk/ facility. I used it for the first time today and the system works great. You can home in on the Google Map and pinpoint your pothole with the mouse, which then shows a red flag like a golf hole flag. At first I thought it was someone else that had flagged it up and was already in the system but No! it was my flag.

To prove this you move the cursor on the map, click on the mouse and the flag moves to where you have clicked on the map. I am not yet clear how you know if someone else has picked the hole up and reported it already. Anyway it seems to me to be an excellent tool and full marks to CTC. You can get at it by clicking on above or go to the CTC link on right-hand-side of this blog and it's under new tools. Give it a try when you find your first dangerous hole. I think we should highlight these two www. permanently in our Sou'Wester.

Mike M.

No comments: