Thursday, January 03, 2008

C Group Jan 2nd

It was pretty chilly with a bit of a breeze and overcast when we met at Cobham for our first run of the year (mine anyway, although I guess the hardy folk beat me to it). The turnout was pretty good but Lynda led just around six of us for lunch at The Carvery at Ewell. There was John C, Roger, Bill (Albert) and was it Carol and me. We negotiated most of the back streets of Cobham and got on the main road to a right turnoff through a housing estate and emerged in Claygate. Straight past the day centre turning on the road to Hook.

At this point I was feeling quite happy to remember the return route. Perhaps happy is not the right word since on a steep bit of road my chain came off and without ceremony the bike put me on the pavement. John kindly came to help and fixed the chain. After a while we entered somewhat urban surroundings with many turns and parked cars until we reached our destination and good old Harold arrived to give me a lift home after a very pleasant lunch. Even so, the bike had 26 miles on its clock and I needed lights.
A Happy New Year gentle readers of the Blog ------------------ Albert

No comments: