Thursday, March 13, 2008

C Group March 12th


After a twelve mile ride to Kingston with that gale behind me, I decided to go on the ride with Stephanie in the lead. At least the sun shone and the previous two days rain had finally ceased and who knows, the wind might have eased off before my return trip (some hopes!). Around fourteen turned out for the ride; Lynda, Beryl, Liz, Roger, Fuzz, Dennis, Ron, Mark, Bill H., David from B Group (probably convalescing), and three or four more apart from Stephanie and myself. We had a good ride through Richmond Park and Syon Park but some parts of the Thames towpath were pretty muddy with a fair bit of debris around from the earlier storm. The last time I was in Isleworth was twenty years ago and The Castle pub provided a good meal. Tea was to be at Kingston so it was back on the towpath arriving near the bridge. We took tea at The Costa cafe near the market. For the record; I encountered several strong gusts while homeward bound, arriving at 5.15 with 39.25 miles on the clock and a thirst out of this world----------------Albert

No comments: