Thursday, March 20, 2008

C group - March19th

We were blessed with sunshine, light breeze if rather chilly at Shepperton. A good turnout was led by John C., plus Lynda, Beryl, Mark, Roger, Ron, Dennis, Fuzz and newcomer Charles plus me and a few I cant remember. We took the footpath behind the day centre and arrived at Walton bridge, then up New Zealand Avenue, the Halfway to Hersham. Up the dual carriageway to West End en route for The Old Plough at Stoke d'Abernon. This last bit was rather hilly to Fairmile Lane and the Stoke Road and while searching for my largest cog, the chain came off (lousy adjustment). Harold met us at the pub with some of his good photographs. Both he and Dennis bought me a beer but I managed a fairly sober ride home via Cobham and Byfleet with under 20 miles on the clock. Good ride John. --------- Albert

1 comment:

charlesb said...

well, I enjoyed the ride very much, seeing parts of home territory that didn't know I existed.

I am enjoying learning the unwritten "rules" !