Saturday, May 24, 2008

B ride - 21 May

15 of us led by Gill left Shepperton via Chertsey Bridge, Pentonhook, Thorpe and Egham to enter Windsor Park at Bshop's Gate. We traversed the Northern part of the park leaving by Ranger's Gate on the edge of Windsor, where we lunched at the Vansittart Arms. In the afternoon, we crossed the footbridge over the Thames to Eton and rode through Green fields to the edge of Slough. We took the Jubilee River path to Datchet and Wraysbury and the Thames towpath from Staines back to Chertsey bridge to take tea at Shepperton Lock. A really lovely ride. Thank you Gill.

John Gould




I expect Gill will do a blog for yesterday's ride. Could I add a PS please?

I was nearly back to West Sutton station after a particularly enjoyable ride (thank you Gill) waiting at the traffic lights with Norman to cross the A217. I was directly in front of a Jaguar - which was neatly positioned in the green area that's supposed to be for bikes. The lights changed and We set off, the Jag drove directly into the back of my bike. I was able to jump off without even falling over but my back wheel was severely mangled. The only saving grace was that the driver was very apologetic and said "I don't know how I did it, I must have just set off too quickly".

Regards Bernard

No comments: