Thursday, May 01, 2008

C Group April 30th

I cannot remember when we had such abysmal weather. It rained almost without a break and was as cold as charity. In the event we had a good turnout at Teddington plus a fresh face name of Rob. Tom and Phil were there but did not come on the wet outing. With Roger leading there was Lynda, Bill, Beryl, Charles, Ron, Rob, Fuzz, Harold, Dennis and me en route for lunch at The Running Mare at Cobham. Through Bushy Park to cross Hampton Court bridge then a right turn at the crossing lights through East Molesey. I`m afraid I lost track after this but we were still on tarmac under a rail bridge and then in Fairmile Lane. At this point we were rather split up and there was just myself and Harold who had a spot of bother with his chain bcoming jammed at the rear mech and then his brake fouling the rim on the rear wheel. We both got cracking to fix thimgs when Dennis arrived and helped. The main group had then come to find us and we continued on our wet way to the pub, where they had a couple of bars with welcoming fires and good service. Tea was to be at Claygate but as the rain was still belting down and I was feeling in need of something more stimulating, I said farewell and made for home --------- Albert

No comments: