Saturday, June 21, 2008

"c" group - 18 June 2008

Afraid I`ve been without internet for a week, trying to get Broadband in order to download photos a bit faster. Experienced quite a few snags on the way (not quite so painfull as the ones I collect on the bike) but it seems I`ve got back on line again and the bike, now the stiches have been removed. As for last Wednesday`s ride; I took my own route from Weybridge to The Rose and Crown at Thorpe Green as the other fourteen riders intended to go over Chertsey Meads where I had collected a bit of a mishap a couple of years ago.
About an hour later with my lunch finished and only half a pint of beer in my glass, our leader Stephanie arrived, followed by Charles, Beryl, John C., Mark, Bill H., Ron, Fuzz, a few more plus a lady whose name noone seemed to know. and i joined them at table after which they intended to make for the Weybridge towpath en route to their teastop. Thinking I would at least like to join them, I followed until we reached Line Crossing Lane where they took a right turn which was hardly the way to weybridge, so being at the back i peeled off to the left and made it for home which in any case is halfway to Weybridge. I hope someone sends you a more satisfactory report for the blog ----------- Albert

No comments: