Friday, March 27, 2009

C ride - 25 March 2009

A cold day with a stiff breeze and a fair bit of drizzle when we met at Shepperton. There was a good turnout but I failed to see anyone who might do this report for the blog; so here goes. I was down to lead but with my dodgy eyesight and anno domino asked Roger to do the honours. He decided on The Grove at Chobham, so with me keeping my eye on the wheel in front, eight of us i.e., Dave, Bill H., Beryl, Dennis, Fuzz, Phil and me pressed on behind Roger through lower Shepperton and over Chertsey bridge, through Stepgates and Station Road. Then over the level crossing to the cyclepath as far as Green Lane. Then up Holloway Hill past the hospital with a left fork to Stonehill Road.
The rain did not ease up but was not so heavy that no one seemed to feel the need to cape up. I think we all looked forward to a following breeze on our return. Upon arriving at the junction with the Chertsey Road we went right for Chobham and a very good lunch at our destination. Most of us followed the same route back to Shepperton for tea, but on arriving at Green Lane and being less than a mile from home, with twenty miles on the clock I peeled off with a farewell cry---------see you next week at Cobham------------Albert


P.S. How could I omit to mention the presence on our Wednesday ride of Harold who not only was riding a magnificent mount but bought me a pint at the pub. Although we were eight at the count he was certainly one of us. Poor short term memory must be my excuse------------------Albert

No comments: