Saturday, August 29, 2009

Easy Riders - August 26th 2009

Afraid this report is a bit late but here goes:-

With me on my trike with a goodly following we departed in splendid weather from the Greeno at Shepperton for lunch at The Red Lion at Thorpe. Included in our number there were two ladies, Lynda and Beryl then Bill H., Chris, Roger, Fuzz, Dave, Phil, John C., Dennis and Mark. By the direct route we would have arrived much too early so we headed for Laleham and Staines. Crossing the Thames we were then held up for a while at the level crossing at Egham Hythe. I have led on this route before but I can still manage to get lost when arriving at Thorpe Lea. After discovering I had led them all up a cul de sac, we retraced a way and with the help of Chris we discovered My remembered landmark Ten Acre Lane from where the route became a piece of cake. After a pint and a very good lunch Lynda said she would like to try my trike around the pub car park. I did not witness her effort but she had the same problem as most folk at first go!
We returned to Shepperton for tea via Thorpe Road and Chertsey and found vehicular traffic becoming pretty solid due, it seemed, to the M25 being closed on account of a gas leak near Junction 13. It`s no wonder my gas bill is so high. On my journey home it became my turn to queue behind cars crossing Chertsey bridge. I peeled off across the Meads for a much quieter ride and found the hitherto bad approach road had been resurfaced at last.

Peter and I expect to see you at Cobham next week when we get my tandem trike out once more. Cheers ------------------------- Albert

No comments: