Thursday, April 08, 2010

Easy Riders April 7th


Eight riders came on my ride after the Cobham meeting. Beryl, Sonia, Mike W., Chris, Fuzz and Mark. Eric and Mick turned off before lunch. The rest of us headed for Hinchley Wood. It was drizzly rain but didn't bother us too much. We took the route to The Swan at Claygate, then turned off for Hinchley Wood. Did a left turn and came to the Scilly Isles. Took the 3rd exit to Kingston; and continued on the Portsmouth Road. We arrived just in time before the rain came down heavy. We had lunch at Harts Boat Yard; a place I last visited about 20 years ago! I remember hanging rowing boats from the rafters! It has now gone up market but very friendly. I was a bit unsure as I walked in with all the suited diners; but the bar staff and waitress welcomed us. We were seated and chose from a varied menu. An adequate size portion of various pasta was under £7. It arrived in good time and we were served with a smile. We all agreed it was very tasty and good value for money. After lunch, Fuzz and Beryl turned off towards home; and four of us carried on to Kingston; took the tow path to Hampton Court and two carried on home; while Sonia and myself went to - yes, you guessed it! - 5 at the bridge. At one moment, we were the only customers in there. We enjoyed a very nice slice of fresh cake and latte. As we came out, it had stopped raining, so had a nice ride home. I stopped off at my usual place for relaxation.

Lynda.

No comments: