Friday, April 23, 2010

Paul Kelly with a problem

Paul and bike being sorted!
Impatient driver did a quick u-turn then immediate right across the junction I was crossing on West Barnes Lane on the way home. I went into his front wing then the bike scraped along the side. I'm a little sore (thumb and lower back) but should be ok. The bike is in a very bad way, but the car needs new bonnet, wing and two doors (or at least significant repairs to all those! Driver was very upset and pedestrians very helpful. I ended up with the full works: paramedic car, ambulance, police & fire brigade. Graham will be able to give you a full report he was a few yards behind me - many thanks to him for not only sorting me out but getting witness details etc At least I may now be able to slip a new bike past the financial controller "But dear, it will be months before the insurance sort out the repairs...... I can have the new one in a couple of weeks...." See you in a couple of weeks!!! Paul Kelly

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Paul

I'm very sorry to hear about your accident but relieved that you seem to have escaped without serious injury. However, from that big smile in the ambulance, the paramedics must have given you some N2O - laughing gas!

Expect to see you in a fortnight on a racy new number.

Jeff

Mark G said...

Glad you're OK, Paul - rough old way to get a new bike!

Mark