Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Alberts Report May 18th

An appropriate subtitle would be `Two Byfleets`.
We had a good turnout at Shepperton with Mark, Bill H.,Lynda, Sandy, Ron, John C., Phil and quite a few more. Fuzz arrived late so i hope he caught up. Before starting we had a photo call. I would have liked to take one, but getting in and out of these cleats is a long job. No one seemed to know the exact destination except for Byfleet, so despite my inability to catch up and being on home ground I pressed on. The others took for Chertsey Meads after crossing the bridge and I crossed the road with them
at the pedestrian lights near The Woburn Arms.
By the time I had clawed my way over the climb near Hatch Bridge the others had got away again. The route had taken them passing my home so I went in and called Lynda on my mobile. She kindly text me what info she had from the others and said it was West Byfleet rather than `Old` so I pressed on once more still not knowing the name of the pub. On arrival I went into The Harvester, being the only place
in West Byfleet where I knew I could assuage the thirst I was suffering. I also had a good meal and another message from Lynda (bless her) to the effect
the pub they were at was The Plough. According to the barman it was in Old Byfleet. That would have been around a mile up The Parvis Road with a climb over the M25! Ho Hum---------Albert

No comments: