Thursday, November 03, 2011

£19 short change

At the risk of many wayfarers making false claims (as if they would) on one of their forgetful fellow cyclist's someone kindly bought a raffle ticket with a £20 note. Thelma from the Royal British Legion phoned me last night to say when she returned with £19 change the gentleman had gone! I jokingly said he probably thought keep the change anyway. I said I would try and identify the person in the meantime and suggested that she keep the change until Dec 7th when hopefully the lucky person will have remembered! I plan to be in Nottingham that day for a seasonal reunion ride with my old racing club Long Eaton Paragon now Long Eaton Velo amalgamated with Long Eaton CC, so will be unable to make any false claim! An eleven digit phone number given for the ticket does not seem to work! Hopefully this note will help to identify! Please mention to any of your fellow Wayfarers that may not have a computer.

1 comment:

mike morley said...

Please note that the owner of the £19 has been identyfied.