Friday, May 09, 2014

A group ride to Winchester on May 21st (weather permitting)

I'm due to lead on Wednesday week, and if the sun shines I plan to do a one-way ride to Winchester, returning by train.   It's about 51 miles from New Haw: gentle in the morning with a few lumps just before lunch to create an appetite, and a couple of hills in the afternoon.   The idea is to stop for lunch at the Bat & Ball, one of Paul's finds just south of Farnham, and then tea will be somewhere after Alton, leaving 12 or so miles to take us into Winchester where there are many attractions, including pubs, and frequent trains homewards towards Woking, Walton, Surbiton & Clapham Junction.   So it will be a late finish if we stop for a pint in Winchester.

Some will remember that I did a similar ride two years ago and the weather was wet.   I have improved the route (quite different in the morning, a bit different in the afternoon) but I have an alternative ride in case of wet weather.

No comments: