Thursday, April 30, 2015

Easy Riders - 29th April

I was in two minds whether I would make yesterday's ride, due to the weather forecast.  But, as it was dry when I got up I decided it wouldn't be so bad.
 

Just as I was leaving home, it started to shower; I had my overshoes and cape on ready, but hoped it would stop soon.  From North Cheam Liz led to Hersham; as we got to Tolworth the sun came out and it looked like the day would improve.  We thought about taking our wet stuff off but decided we might get another shower on the way.  Luckily, we kept them on!  We were only 5 from N. Cheam; Sandy, Liz, Les, Norman and myself; and  Don joined us at Hersham.  After coffee and waiting for a heavy shower to subside I led our group left from the day centre and round the big roundabout onto the cycle track towards Esher.  We took the next roundabout and left again at the Green.  Down to Thames Ditton, passing Ember Court. Originally, I was going to go through Bushy Park to a pub on the river; but due to another shower we turned right at Summer Road and crossed the main road and made our way to The Swan. We had a nice table for 6.  Sonia said she would make Ewell Court Park for tea so Norman and myself stopped off there.  And of course, the sun came out!

Lynda

No comments: