Wednesday, October 14, 2015

B Group 14 October

Root Hill (for the Freewheel Competition) was the destination from Dorking Christian Centre, achieved with no problems. My beautiful assistant/pusher off was Neil, who did a splendid job.

After adopting my OAP (Optimum Aerodynamic Profile - base up, apex down, but not too far otherwise you can't see out of your bifocals) I set off. Pushing the blue-tipped bamboo in the ground where I stopped I soon saw Mark whoosh by to stop much further along the road. Mike soon came by but didn't quite reach Mark's bamboo. Only two ladies competed this year, Ingrid the winner with Liz Scrivens running up.We all found the eastish wind a problem.

After the event Tim presented the awards (Ed's unique carved trophies for the winners - thanks, Ed) and toobs for the runners up, on Brockham Green. B group then adjourned to the fairly recently nicely refurbished Royal Oak, just across the green, within sight of next month's half complete bonfire. The food and service couldn't be faulted - well worth future visits.

After a leisurely lunch John led us - I had to peel off early but managed a quick cuppa at Annie's.

Terry

No comments: