Wednesday, March 16, 2016

B Group - 16th March

Addlestone - Ascot - Sunbury

Another 'bumper bundle' to-day!   Twenty six, a mix of B, C and A riders!  We left Addlestone via Green Lane, through Homewood Park into Stonehill Road. Gracious Pond Road took us to Burrowhill, straight over the cross roads to Windlesham.  Sorry folks, I went past my right turn - talking!   From Windlesham we crossed the A30 into Sunninghill Road towards South Ascot.  Whilst on a quick reccie on Tuesday I came across road works at the next cross roads, traffic lights with 4 way control, resulting in a long wait.   Fortunately we were able to do a left turn into St Mary's Road, which took us into Brockenhurst Road, beyond the road works towards Ascot where we had lunch in the Stag pub. Considering the number of punters, (we were the second large group to arrive after 12.30), the staff looked after us very well...Oh yes...the food was excellent!

No surprises for our return route to Squires at Sunbury. A  pleasant downhill - OK, gradient, via New Mile Road and Watersplash Lane into Ascot gate, Windsor Great Park - exiting at Bishopsgate.  Straight on through Englefield Green, down Prune Hill, Thorpe, Chertsey and onward through Shepperton to tea where, I believe....16 of us enjoyed chatting over the day etc. etc.  I like this part of the day - very relaxing!

Once again my gratitude to Terry for back marking and for all corner markers - brilliant :) :)   Not forgetting Tim with his map and mileage etc. :) :)
MAY I JUST EXPLAIN.....the changes in ride leaders.....To start - Gill and I had swapped which means Gill is leading from Shepperton 13th April.   I WAS to lead her ride from Teddington 27th April, BUT Stephanie and I swapped...so now Stephanie is leading from Teddington 27th April.   
My thanks to all for joining me - great, Pam :) :)


A map for Pam's ride out to Ascot (14.6 miles), and back to Squires in Upper Halliford for Tea (16.5 miles).

We ran out of pixels in Shepperton, just before we reached Squires



At The Stag in Ascot

No comments: