Sunday, April 03, 2016

E-Bikesey Riders - 30th March

On our way from North Cheam, we made our way to Tolworth. At the by-pass we came to a flood at the bottom, we couldn't tell how deep, a couple of metres wide with some rubbish sticking out. We went through trying to avoid it. Unfortunately, Sandy hit something and came out at the top with a puncture. Cliff helped and they decided to go home.

The rest of the group continued to Walton Day Centre. After coffee I led to Hampton Court, through Bushy Park and Teddington to Tied End Cottage for lunch. We were 12 here.

Mark Roy came on his new updated electric bike. He was telling us it's half the weight of his other one; capacity of 30 miles. The motor sits on a front bar like a water bottle. Yes, I did have a go. I started cycling gently up the road, then whoosh! The motor kicked in and I was taken forward with ease. I think it took me faster than my usual speed. You have to try it to experience it. On Saturday I found out that Ron Weedon also had a go when he saw Mark.

Lynda

No comments: