Thursday, February 16, 2017

A ride to Holyport, 15 February



Seventeen A riders set out for Holyport this Wednesday. A good pace was interrupted by a puncture and whilst waiting I discovered a slow puncture on my bike and whipped out my sealant, which provided much merriment when what looked suspiciously like shaving foam engulfed the wheel. Needless to say the 'shaving foam' didn't last long and the tyre was flat by the time we reached Egham. At this point Ray decided that it was time to exit stage left. With no more mishaps we negotiated Tithe Hill, down Crimp Hill and onto Windsor and eventually arrived at The White Hart just after 1pm. Just in time it seemed as the heavens opened during lunch. We set off from the pub in a mild drizzle which soon stopped. A fast pace to Sunningdale where Mark, uncharacteristically sought the comfort of the train. Onto Chertsey where a  decision to take a shorter route to Walton meant that we arrived in Hampton Court shortly after 4pm.


Thanks to Steve for back marking and all who took a turn to mark the corners and to Janice for the 'foam' photo.Sadly my gps started to play up so I don't have a record of the ride but I'm reliably informed that it was the longest this year so far.




1 comment:

PaulKelly said...

I've heard of cyclists shaving off time in a TT, but shaving your bike is a new one!