Friday, February 03, 2017

Gears For Old Legs (cont'd)

A few weeks ago, I posted a note about my various changes to cranksets to make climbing a bit easier, and I promised to follow up with changes at the rear mech.  There's quite a lot that can be done at the back end, but for a starter, here's a really simple change that will give you lower ratios.

The device is called a 'Lindarets Road Link', and it looks like this.


It's engagingly simple, but nicely made.  You bolt it on to your rear derailleur hanger and it provides a new mounting hole for the rear mech which is about an inch lower.  This allows a larger cassette to be fitted.  How much larger?  Well, here's the Lindarets compatibility table:


There's more information available at http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/roadlink.

I'm using one on my Open with 46/34 on the front and 11-36 at the rear.  It's running Di2, which is fussy, and it works absolutely perfectly.  

Mark

1 comment:

Ged Lawrenson said...

Now I know how it works! (Incidentally its available from my local bikeshop at £21.99).

https://cycleworx.co.uk/products/wolf-tooth