Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Golden Beeches weekend


Golden /Beeches 20/22 Oct

With storm Brian on the way it was with trepidation that I set off for Gt Kingshill, I met 5 friends Friday lunchtime at Ealing for the 30 mile cycle ride stopping at Chalfont St Peter and Winchmore hill for coffee and cake. I setup camp in the hall, I was not the only one doing so even though the pictures does look like I’m Billy no mates.

Brian has described the rides well although I only did the Saturday ride as we cycled home on a longer route on Sunday morning. The wind on Saturday was ferocious at times but none the less a pleasant ride.

It’s the 5th year I have ventured to the Chilterns for this event, this year numbers were down and at this point in time it’s doubtful it will continue next year.  If it does survive for next year I highly recommend making the effort to try it. The location rotates on a 3 yearly basis and the routes always vary.



Tony..

No comments: