Thursday, October 05, 2017

Reasons for wearing a helmet

We have all heard the arguments on both sides for and against wearing a cycle helmet, after my latest accident, I can see no reason for not wearing one, this is the second time a helmet has averted an accident from being more than it was.
On my way home yesterday a driver turned across my path a collision was unavoidable.
Hitting the car and tumbling on to the tarmac resulted in a trip to the hospital and having stitches between nose and lip and a couple inside my top lip. But there you go could happen at any time to anybody,
Hope to see you all soon.
Geoff

7 comments:

Mark G said...

'Andsome picture, Geoff. Very sorry to hear of your accident - get well soon.

mike morley said...

Me too Geoff thank goodness you were not more seriously hurt and although over the years I have never been fully convinced about the effectiveness of cycle helmets but I am coming round to supporting your point of view after my hit by the coach.
On another subject I saw on page 10 of yesterdays Evening Standard, the the driver of a White Transit will face court in February for the death of Frank Cubis.

Jeff said...

Geoff. Glad that you are unbroken and unbowed, even if stitched up and shaken up. I hope that you got full details and have contacted the CTC/CUK solicitors Slater Gordon to represent your interests. That is really the main reason I joined the CTC. Nothing charitable about that.

I confess that I rarely wear a helmet on my usually short local shopping trips to Tadworth, Walton, Epsom, Sutton. I must think again about that.

Tony said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, hope to see you back on the bike ASAP.

Ged Lawrenson said...

Sorry to hear about your accident. I must say you sound very stoical in the face of such a serious incident and obviously in a lot of discomfort. Knowing how vulnerable we can be on two wheels how anyone can not wear a helmet is beyond me. Get well soon.

Dave Vine said...

Sorry to hear about your "incident"; a timely reminder we are all vulnerable. I hope it's not too painful, and you are back on the bike, with a new helmet soon. Hopefully the CTC legal people can get you some financial compensation.

Frances Stewart said...

Geoff get well soon and thanks for the reminder that helmets can make a difference. Best frances