Wednesday, November 15, 2017

"A" Ride 15 Nov 2017

Hi all this should really be a comment and not a full blown selfi Blog but here goes.
As you all know I have been in the wars lately and this week has been very eventful with many hospital visits. Yesterday evening however I visited the home of Alex & Sue to review the new KPRC Strip. En-rout I passed by Ed Sharps to pick up a current Sou'Wester and much to my surprise read Jeff's account of recent casualties.
I could not make Wheybridge today 11's as I had an Ultrasound on my Liver and right Kidney at Epsom Hosp. at 10am. It was very thorough  and I await the results!
Monday however was more dramatic. As many of you will know for some time I have been suffering from arthritis in the left knee. Two years ago I was referred to a consultant who said that he could not recommend a knew knee because of the large number of miles I do per year, saying that it would wear out in a short time and a further replacement would be difficult!?
On Monday I was encouraged by another surgeon, French to go ahead as my left knee had deteriorated in the last 12 months. So I am inclined to go ahead! Does anyone have any experience of replacement knees for cyclists and how successful have they been?

On a more positive footnote I did not go to Ripley for tea but  called in to see Beryl Dare on the way home. I had a lovely cup of tea and Rock Cake with her. She looked really well with a sparkle in her eye and has clearly come to terms with the sad passing away of Ray. She told me that her neighbours are really helping her out with keeping the garden tidy and helping with the shopping. They have also put a memorial Bird Bath opposite the house by the duck pond. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me!
Marian her daughter in law was with her and was to stay the night. They had been shopping and out for lunch. We reminisced about how all the family missed Ray, he was so popular with all the grand children.

Ok Folks sorry to bore you but for me today that was a hard ride and to top it all my (Jeff Tolerman) Chinese lantern front light ran out of battery power as I was coming up Hurst Road into Walton on the Hill. Pitch black and I was completely disorientated! What's new you say!

No comments: