Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Just in case you missed me !

Unfortunately I missed a great ride today.  I punctured coming over Ashtead Common and after trying Bike beans (they are good at cake and coffee and rides but there is never a mechanic on site) walked into Leatherhead and bought a new tyre for the
rear.  Deciding to make the best of a glorious day I ascended Ranmore via the Denbies bridleway.  Lovely route...only a teeny section of pebbles and great views from the top.  I then descended White Down and returned to Dorking by Route 22.  Note : I did ascend Box Hill but was up there at 2 so I think too early.  Had a sausage sandwich and bought some delicious pear orange and ginger chutney and left at 2.30 for home.  Did catch Christina for a quick wave as she went down Ruxley Lane.   See you all next week.

1 comment:

Tim C said...

We did miss you and we are absolutely mortified that the puncture fairly chose the worst possible time to strike. If you'd made it to elevenses you could have enjoyed listening to a dozen different opinions about how to get a tyre off and on and possibly received some practical assistance with actually doing it. But it's great that you salvaged your day to enjoy some good riding after your misfortune.