Friday, January 25, 2019

Wednesday B Ride

7 riders including some A riders who joined us (as their A ride was cancelled) the weather was dry and cold but not frosty

We cycled to Horley via Leigh and stopped for lunch at the Jack Fairman. Wetherspoons was up to the usual standard and some ordered the Robert Burns  meal which was on special, Mark also joined us for lunch.

5 of us continued to the tea stop at Pistachios in Banstead, our route to tea took us through Merstram and passed the now de-funct Fannys Farm

Thanks to everyone who braved the weather and to the two back markers David and Ged.

Tony Hooker







2 comments:

mike morley said...

Hi Tony & Ged. Sorry I lost you on the way back from Horley to Banstead. I tried to hang on after Redhill Airport and I know that one or two of you waited but when I came to a junction with sign left to Redhill I followed it past the Crem/Cemetry, realising too late that I should have gone strait on up the hill. I hope that I did not cause anyone to wait too long. Home was via Wray Lane onto the A217 and a bash down the dual carriageway making sure that I did not exceed the 40MPH average speed camera's. Ha Ha! A good ride and at times well into "A" group average speed pushed along by Tony. 41 miles all told so a good ride for this time of year. Thanks.

Ged Lawrenson said...

Thanks for the update Mike. Glad you got home ok. Apologies for some lackadaisical back marking on the home run! (In fact we waited less than 5min, and Steve did a quick search for you but guessed you'd turned left into Philanthropic Road). You did well to miss the climb up Fullers Wood Lane!