Thursday, December 05, 2019

Christmas greetings from Tony Ashford

Dear Sou'westers,

Just to wish you all a happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year. I hope to see you next year if you come to Dieppe. I may have to come alone, unless I can think of an acceptable reason for taking Alec out of school. I'm working on it!

All the best

Tony

PS and just to make you jealous (or maybe not, looking at the temperature outside, -3°C and wind blowing), I will be in Dieppe next week with the bike.

Cheers T

Tony adds:

Thanks for your greetings. Re Dieppe, it seems like it will be not so cold but probably not dry, but I can cope with that. It is different to June, but my father Eric and I  often did a trip at this time of year and the feel, look, and smell of the countryside was always something special. And there was always a vin chaud, and in extremis a Calvados to thaw out with!
Cheers
Tony

No comments: