Saturday, February 08, 2020

Message from Patrick - Bagden Hill Adventure


Dear Bagden Hill Comrades,

Just a brief missive to convey my heartfelt gratitude to my fellow cycling enthusiasts who helped me after my foolhardy descent of Bagden Hill on Wednesday afternoon. You were so very attentive, kind and consoling at the roadside which made the wait more bearable. I also want to thank you for your patience as the blue sky and sunshine were beckoning you to meander through Surrey's delightful hills a number of you were stuck at the roadside attending to my well-being.

The net result of my inexperienced descent = fractured collarbone, 2 broken fingers and a few cuts and bruises to add to the package but acutely aware that it could have been far worse.

On the bright side I got a free lunch at the hospital and met some lovely folk.

I know how much I'm going to miss my Wednesday cycling day over the next couple of months but already looking forward to getting back on my steed again and feeling the wind through my hair(s).

Now recovering at home and reigniting my love of walking but doesn't quite build up the same appetite......

Your grateful friend Patrick.

2 comments:

Frances Stewart said...

Hi Patrick
Glad you are in good spirits.
We have a turbo you are welcome to borrow when you are ready. It does not take up much space to store, only when you put your bike on it and a good way of training for French trip.
We are only in Worcester Park so can deliver/set it up etc.
Meantime best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Frances

Patrick W said...

Thank you Frances, that's most considerate of you. I actually have a gym membership so planning to use the bikes there asap. Kind regards, Patrick