Thursday, April 13, 2006

12 April 2006 C ride

In the best weather we have enjoyed recently, Lynda led around 17 of us from Hersham en route for The Toby Carvery at Ewell. There was Carol, Christine and Anita with Lynda followed by Mark, Bill, Roger, Dave, Ron, Harold, Fuzz, me and quite a few more (I guess you can fill them in Lynda?). We took the right exit at the roundabout at the bottom of Lammas Lane up the Westend Road, then left through the golf course to Claygate. After Claygate to Hook and then the many residential roads of Cheam where I would be lost without a leader who seems to know it like the back of her hand. Harold had already set me up a pint when I arrived at the bar (thanks mate!). The food was good but I`m glad I had a sandwich instead of the enormous helpings served up at the carvery.
Most of the others went on to Epsom for tea but Harold and I returned by the same route to Hersham having had tea at Claygate. By the time I arrived home I had clocked over 30 miles.

Have a Happy Easter-- Albert

No comments: