Thursday, April 20, 2006

April 19th Rides

C Group - April 19th
Not much sun but otherwise good weather as Ron led us out of Leatherhead en route for The Anchor at Bookham (one of my favourite watering holes). A good turnout with Bill, Roger, Harold, John C, Dennis, Lynda, Beryl, Carol, Fuzz. That makes eleven with Ron and me. Being Ron, whose knowledge of the offroad is extensive, not to say unrivalled, I was pretty soon lost on some tracks of Bookham Common which were unfamiliar. Upon returning to the tarmac, Ron declared his intention to make another detour to include a bit more of offroad. He gave us an alternative route whereby we could remain on the road, so off went three of us; me John and Harold. I got as far as Fetcham before backtracking a bit and getting on Lower Road and finally getting my pint. Earlier Harold had gone with Lynda to the bike shop in Leatherhead to get her bike fixed (freewheel packed up). We did not travel far as the bird flies, but not being a bird it took me one hour and 50 mins ride time. I rode back to Leatherhead with John and Harold since Harold and I had left our cars there.
If you read this Ron, thanks for a good ride Albert

No comments: