Thursday, April 13, 2006

Message from Nottingham exile

Another short message from Nottingham exile. Still not much on the cycle front, domestic and household affairs still predominate, not to mention the weather but I have had a couple of forays locally and realised how rusty one can get. My big news is that I have had the cataract Op. and everthing is clear now, with the bonus that the new lens inserted enables normal vision without glasses, which I find very strange after 80+ years of wearing them. Didn't realise Mark R had been suffering ill health but very glad he's recovered and now putting in the miles. Hope Mike W will soon be doing the same. Note that the group has been keeping up the runs attendance in spite of weather conditions, would like to be with them. I felt very nostalgic on reading the article in Cycling featuring the group. Some time soon I shall make contact with the Nottingham group I hope.

Geoff A.

No comments: