Thursday, May 17, 2007

C Group May 16th

Good turnout at Shepperton. Weather fine and very little wind. Dennis kindly gave me his hip flask, the contents of which bucked me up no end after the ride. Dave led a ride the sort of which I find ideal, being on road at a gentle pace to The Castle Grove at Chobham.
Then there was Ron, Bill H., Fuzz, Harold, Mark (who has been reporting so well in my absence), Lynda, Liz, Roger, Bill and Pat M., Phil, also a cheery chap (not a member) who followed us and made himself known to Fuzz, the whole way over Chertsey bridge, up Holloway Hill and Stonehills Road. Lynda gave him the gen on our perigrinations for want of a better word when we arrived at the pub. We ate outside being such good weather but a brisk shower started up just as we left. No one seemed to know the tea venue and the sandwich group were not evident at the bus shelter. The rain had stopped by this time and I made a beeline for home to enjoy the contents of Dennis` hip flask!! I saw you at Shepperton Pete but I guess you went for the hardriders ----------------------------- Albert

No comments: